Repair & Upgrade
* Warning: All information contained herein are for reference purposes only. If you do not feel comfortable working with the vehicle, it is highly-recommended that you use a well-qualified professional mechanic/technician to perform any work on the vehicle. JaguarClimateControl.com is not responsible for any damage or problems caused by use or misuse of this information.
Heater Valve (“Dual Climate Control Valve” or “DCCV”) removal:
The Heater Valve is located on the passenger-side just behind the radiator. On 03-08 S-Types, look for 3 attached water hoses. 99-02 models have 5 attached hoses.
1. Drain the engine coolant.
4. Disconnect the attached hoses and remove the Heater Valve. One of our customers (Steve – see his testimonial dated Aug 16, 2010 here: http://jaguarclimatecontrol.com/testimonials/) recommended the use of 45° Hose Clamp Remover Pliers (available on eBay for around $17) to help with hose clamp removal. Thanks for the recommendation Steve!
Remote Climate Control Module (RCCM) removal (for GPS navigation-equipped vehicles):
1. Remove the glove box.
CCM removal (for non-nav. vehicles):
1. Open the center console lid to reveal the center console liner:
5. Carefully use a flat prying tool (or wide flat head screwdriver) covered with microfiber cloth to gently pry up the shifter bezel/surround. It is clipped in tightly, but is backed by a metal structure, so it is actually quite strong. Work your way around its perimeter until the entire shifter bezel is released. Set the bezel aside:
8. The CCM housing and radio are secured to a cast metal frame, all of which will come out as one unit. Once the assembly is removed from the dash, there are two Torx T20 screws on each side of the CCM holding it to the cast metal frame. Remove these screws and lift the CCM forward/up out of the frame. The CCM housing and radio are also keyed to fit direct on top of each other:
How-to videos — CCM disassembly, assembly, and microphone transfer:
How to disassemble the module:
How to assemble the module:
How to remove the mic to transfer to another unit:
How to attach a mic from another unit:
Send your CCM or RCCM to us for service:
To send in your Climate Control Module for Repair & Upgrade (w/ fault protection circuitry), use the contact form at http://jaguarclimatecontrol.com/contact-us/.